A Star field the player would manage to save himself and his family from a terrifying apartment fire because he stayed up all night playing the game.
As reported by our sister site PC Gamerposting on game subreddit fan details the terrifying sequence of events in a post titled “Star field he saved my life and my family’. User tidyckilla begins the post by saying that the game “literally” saved the lives of those in his house, and goes on to describe the events in great detail. They begin by saying, “On the night of August 31, I decided to stay up and play as long as possible to experience this new universe. At 2:26am while playing, I heard an explosion from my neighbors on the under”. apartment. I paused the game to see what was happening; when [sic] I opened the door and saw flames climbing the stairs to our apartment.”
Tidyckilla goes on to say: ‘I immediately grabbed my wife and cat, getting us to safety with only minor burns. If I hadn’t been up bingeing Star field I would have fallen asleep and we would all have died from smoke inhalation. I want to thank this game for saving me and my family from a horrible fate.”
As for the cause of the fire, Tidyckilla believes it was probably a neighbor who had an accident with cigarettes and an oxygen tank that caused the explosions to be heard and the fire to spread rapidly through the building.
Continuing the discussion in the replies, tidyckilla told everyone that, although it was close, they are safe in a hotel with their family and their Xbox. At the moment they are still playing and will probably be very, very fond of it Star field from now on. But this proves it, folks, playing games save lives and enjoying them late at night can be very serendipitous.
If you’re looking for more games like Starfield, check out ours the best RPGs list.