CD Projekt Red has unveiled the details of the next free update for Cyberpunk 2077as well as paid features for game novelties Phantom freedom DLCs.
Phantom freedomthe only expansion for the RPG, will launch on September 26 and will introduce new story content, characters, side quests and more.
The DLC is said to completely revamp the base game, changing the systems implemented at launch into something new and improved, but it was later confirmed that some of these features will be added to the game. Cyberpunk 2077 even with a free upgrade.
Update 2.0 will be released a few weeks early Phantom freedom, but what exactly do players pay and what do they get for free with patch 2.0? CD Projekt Red has officially revealed the details for those planning to play the new base game content or paid DLC. You can read the full detail below.
Check out this handy infographic on the top features coming to #Cyberpunk2077 alongside the #PhantomLiberty expansion – and what will be added to the game in the free 2.0 update! pic.twitter.com/ky8LBu6rHNSeptember 1, 2023
Update 2.0: Free update
- Redesigned skill trees and perks
- Refurbished cyberware and new capability system
- Vehicular combat and car chases
- Combat AI improvements
- New police system
- UL and UX improvements
- Loot, items, and crafting changes
- New radio stations (including community radio station Growl FM)
Phantom Liberty – Paid DLC
- Dogtown – a new dangerous neighborhood
- Brand new story and characters
- New missions, concerts, boss fights and more
- Vehicle Missions and Air Drops: Endless dynamic events
- New skill tree and Relic abilities
- Over 100 new items: weapons, cyberware, cars and fashion
- Vehicle missile launchers
- Level cap increased to 60
Phantom freedom it will cost £25 at launch, and while patch 2.0 will be free, both will only be available on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. CD Projekt Red confirmed it would be ditching current-generation consoles in favor of the current one when the expansion was announced.
For more information, check out our essential guide on every next game of 2023as well as the best single player games you can play now.